The British Standards Institute has reviewed three of its industry codes of practice that are relevant to the ACS. The British Standards Institute has started a public consultation.
The consultation covers:
- BS10800 – Provision of security services – code of practice. (This is a new standard and will act as a parent standard, which companies will have to work to, plus, and where applicable, child standards. This includes the following standards e.g. If a company wants to demonstrate that they are working to BS7499 they must also demonstrate that they are working to BS10800);
- BS7499 – Provision of static guarding security services – code of practice; and
- BS7984-3 – Provision of mobile security services – code of practice
- 18 September to 26 November 2019 (2 months) Draft for Public Comment for BS7984-3
- 18 September to 19 December 2019 (3 months) Draft for Public Comment for BS10800 and BS7499
- This is the critical period where you will have an opportunity to review the consultation and make comments to help shape and further develop the standards before they are published.
- Anticipated publication date: April/May 2020
Article Reference: British Standards Institute public consultation