By admin In Sjc news
Please read below notes on how to renew your SIA licence on time.
- You can’t renew a licence unless you currently hold an active licence in that sector. This is important, because if your current licence expires you will need to apply for a new licence. This won’t involve any additional training but you will have to go to the post office to pay for your licence and show your identity documents.
- You may still be asked to go to the post office, even if you are renewing. This is so that we can get an up to date photograph of you.
- You can’t renew your licence by telephone. Our licensing process has moved online.
- You will need to set up an account on our licensing site before you can renew your licence. The site is here.
- If you had an account on our old licensing site then you will need to set up a new account with a new username and password. Your log-in details from our old site will not work.
- The first time you log in, we will ask if you have previously held or applied for a licence. You will be prompted to type in your passport, driving licence number or other details we hold for you. This will match up your new user account with your existing records. If you can’t match up your new user account with your existing record please send us a service request with the details of your problem.
- If you are asked to pay online, please note that our payment system is not designed to work on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Please pay on a desktop or laptop computer.
Help and Guidance
- We have created a series of ‘How To’ videos to help you use our licensing system. You can find them here.
- We have also published ‘Help and Guidance’ pages on our website here. These should help with other questions that you may have about our licensing process.
Hints and Tips
You may find the following tips helpful when you renew your licence:
- Check with your employer before you apply for your licence. If they are using one of our new services (Licence Pay Only, Licence Assist, or Licence Management), they may pay your application fee on your behalf, or even submit your application for you.
- Apply in good time. You can apply for a new licence four months before your old licence expires. Applying early reduces the risk of a delay that might affect your ability to work.
- We will not be able to complete the checks on your application until the fee has been paid and you have followed all of the instructions that we have sent to you, such as visiting the Post Office and/or sending identity documents to us.